Labels

11.18.2012

Diary? Log? Notes? Performance Journal? Just write it down!

Paperwork anyone? I don't think it is an appealing activities. Trust me, if you want to survive in this business, its all worth it. Will it increase your score? l don't think that how its work. You won't feel the benefit in short term. ln fact, probably you'll find it useless and throw it away. l will mention few benefits below and some tips on later section:

1. Memorize your thoughts. lt is important to keep track on problem you're dealing and how you react to it. At some time you will see mental development. Just write whatever pop up in your head, even it is silly. So if you receive new information you can compare it to what you believe and reason behind it. Shooting is sport that mainly is mental ability, this is one way to develop positive mental attitude.

2. Record your performance and training. For those who already read Lanny Bassham's book, l remember he said would not coach athlete that don't have Performance Journal. There will be a time when you doubt yourself, Wondering what kind of training suit you at certain situation and so on. That's why Performance Journal only record facts. lnclude what you have achieve in the past.

3. Avoid repeat same mistake. It is possible to make same mistake that you have solved in the past. Different circumstance makes you not realize that the problem occur before. If you occasionally read your notes probably same mistake could be avoided. Even you rarely read your notes you know where to look when you got trouble.

Tips :

1. Write only facts specifically as possible. You cannot just write "I'm not in the mood today". why you are not in the mood? does that affect your shooting? what kind of difference that you felt? etc. And you have to write facts. "I shot 60 shots today, I felt..." instead of "On my training today, I...". what kind of training? You'll forget what you have train in few days.

2. Be a problem solver. You won't gain benefit if you just write down your mistake. You have to solve it. "I need to improve my aiming steadiness" won't benefit anything. instead try to write "I need to improve my steadiness because I often make sudden movement when aiming. In that case I should try to adjust my body position before raise my gun".

3. Be yourself, Be creative. Draw symbol, picture, smileys etc. Make it interesting. The whole idea is to capture what's on your brain at this moment. Basic format is good, but it wouldn't hurt to be innovative.

4. Add goal statement. Put it at anywhere you desire. Remind yourself that you do this for goal. Motivate your self to achieve your goal by keep writing it everyday.

I probably upload documents that available for download at other article that include Diary, Training Log, and Performance Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment